Tomato Avocado Toast is a super simple breakfast option that you can make in 10 minutes! It’s full of flavour, good for you, and so easy to make. It’s great for breakfast on the go, sharing with a friend, or simply eating alone. The good thing is you can easily adjust the servings to make as many or as little slices of toast as you need. From serving one to even serving 10!
What you need to make Tomato Avocado Toast:
- Avocadoes (obviously)
- Bread – You can use any kind of bread you want! Gluten free, whole wheat, grain, or even sourdough!
- Tomatoes – I like roma tomatoes but using cherry or grape are also super good!
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes – optional
How to Level up your toast:
This recipe is super simple and so it’s pretty basic. But if you have time and want to add/experiment go ahead. Add an egg! Add balsamic drizzle! Throw some bacon on it!
Is avocado toast good for you?
Avocado toast can be very good for you because you are getting lots of nutrients from the avocadoes, the tomatoes have vitamin C and antioxidants, and you can use grain bread to make that part good too!
Are avocadoes healthy?
Avocadoes have so many vitamins and nutrients in them! They are great for gut health, high in fiber and potassium, and full of antioxidants.
Easy Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1: Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop the flesh into a bowl.
Step 2: Add lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mash together.
Step 3: Chop tomatoes and toast your bread.
Step 4: Spread avocado on your toast slices. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with chili flakes if desired.
Looking for other delicious breakfast recipes? Try Breakfast Poutine with Homemade Hollandaise Sauce! Pin this recipe or share with a friend.
Tomato Avocado Toast
- 2 avocadoes
- 4 slices of bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- chili flakes optional
- 1 roma tomato
- Halve and pit the avocadoes. Scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash together avocadoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Slice your tomato and toast your bread.
- Divide the mashed avocado into 4 portions and spread 1 portion on each slice of toast.
- Add sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkle with chili flakes.