Easy avocado brownies recipe is such a great dessert! They are gluten free and can be made dairy free, which is a nice option. I have a hard time with “healthy” desserts because sometimes they don’t taste that great and I don’t like them. But these are pretty much the same as a normal brownie, moist and sweet!
I love the avocado addition and it adds to the smooth taste! I love being able to share my baking with friends and my friend loved this recipe. When you can share the things you bake and people love them, isn’t that the goal for a successful baker?
How can I make Easy Avocado Brownies Recipe dairy free?
You can use dairy free chocolate chips and coconut oil instead of butter and then these easy avocado brownies are completely dairy free!
Is almond meal the same as almond flour?
Yes you can use these two interchangeably, there is no difference in them! Almond powder is also another name for it! Yu Pik is a great place to order almond flour, my brother discovered this company and we use it for almond flour as well as raisins and other nuts and seeds.
I don’t want to use sugar, is there a substitute for that?
In this recipe instead of the brown sugar, you can use coconut sugar!
I don’t have a food processor what can I do?
No food processor? No problem! I actually made these without one and they turned out fine. If you have a food processor, it’s obviously easier but here’s how to do it without:
1. Using a blender, blend avocado well with eggs and other wet ingredients. It may be a little hard, but the main thing is to make sure the avocado has no lumps left.
2. Then, switch the wet ingredients over to a bowl and add in the dry. Using a wooden spoon, stir vigorously to mix everything well! Add in chocolate chips.
Voila! You just made easy avocado brownies without a food processor!
How can I tell when Easy Avocado Brownies are done?
The top will be set, not jiggly and a tooth pick inserted in the center will come out clean with just a few crumbs on it! Start with the 25 minutes and test, and you can always pop them back in for 5 more minutes if they aren’t quite done!
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes easy avocado brownies are gluten free, hope you enjoy! P.s. If you are not a fan of gluten free things, this might change your mind. It’s delicious!!
Easy Avocado Brownies Recipe
- 2 avocadoes peeled and pit removed
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetned cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- Place a rack in the center or your oven and then preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 2 8 × 8 pans with parchment paper or a 9 × 13 pan.
- In a food processor, place avocadoes, eggs, sugar, maple syrup, butter and vanilla.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for chocolate chips. Process until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into pan/pans (use half of batter for each pan if using 8×8!). Smooth out the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top and bake for 25 minutes.
- Place pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, lift the brownies out using the parchment paper.
- Cool completely. If possible, refrigerate for 4 hours or more to have a better fudgier taste!
* Originally written in January 2020, updated in August of 2020.