Chocolate Cherry Kiss Cookies are the bomb! Almost like a shortbread cookie, moist and melt in your mouth, with the added touch of sweetness from the maraschino cherries. Plus, it’s topped with a chocolate kiss, and isn’t that the best kind of kiss?
What is the first thing you think of when you think of Valentine’s Day? Long stemmed red roses? A huge hunk of chocolate? A fancy dinner out? Wine and dine?
Honestly, I think of cookies. Now maybe that’s because I love cookies! Now don’t get me wrong, chocolate is the way to my heart also, but cookies… They are so sweet and moist, so many options, they just speak to me like nothing else.
So let’s talk about these cherry kiss cookies again! They are also known as chocolate cherry blossom cookies. Either name, they are delicious.
What do I need to make Cherry Kiss Cookies?
To make chocolate cherry kiss cookies, you will need:
- Soft butter
- powdered sugar
- maraschino cherries and some of the liquid from the jar
- red food coloring
- almond extract (I also swapped it out for peppermint!)
- Hershey kisses
Tips for making Chocolate Cherry Kiss Cookies:
- Don’t overbake! 8-10 minutes is all you will need for these cookies or the bottoms will burn! You want the cookies to still be soft and if you over bake them, they will turn hard.
- You can use peppermint in place of almond extract!
- I have heard some people freeze the kisses before placing them in the cookies. I skipped this step but found the chocolate to be super soft. (It was okay unless I touched the chocolate!)
Need more delicious cookie recipes? Try:
Eggless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
And don’t forget to pin this post to make for Valentine’s Day this year! Or, share with a friend. I mean, who doesn’t love cookies?
Chocolate Cherry Kiss Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 drops red food color
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons liquid from cherries
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Chop cherries into small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, powdered sugar, cherry liquid, almond extract, and food coloring.
- Add flour and salt and make sure everything is mixed well.
- Gently stir in the cherries.
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place a kiss into the center of each cookie.
Leave a Reply