Pancakes with sourdough recipe is such an easy recipe! It may sound overwhelming but I promise it’s not. If you have a friend with a sourdough starter just see if you can borrow what you need from them or if you’ve always thought about having your own starter, now is the time! (See below for more information on that.) These pancakes are super easy to make, so delicious, and good for you too.
Health benefits of Simple Pancakes with Sourdough Recipe
Sourdough is full of prebiotics which help keep the bacteria in your gut healthy, it’s full of nutrients, it’s easily digested and so much more!
How I Came to Make Simple Pancakes with Sourdough Recipe
I was visiting my friend the other day and she has a sourdough starter. I absolutely love sourdough bread! But the idea of a starter has always overwhelmed me/been to busy to bother. But my friend told me about a recipe for sourdough pancakes and since I am a huge lover of pancakes, I just had to take some starter and make them.
Hence, I now have a starter and am hooked on pancakes with sourdough! In the upcoming weeks I am going to try other sourdough recipes that I may share on here so stay tuned.
If you’re interested in learning more about sourdough starter or how to make one, check out How to Make a Sourdough Starter by Farmhouse on Boone. She also has tons of other sourdough recipe to check out!
Looking for a regular pancake recipe? Try Blueberry Pancakes Recipe!
Can I freeze Pancakes with Sourdough?
You can freeze these pancakes for a few months, just make sure when you freeze them to layer parchment paper between them so they don’t stick together!
Tips for Making Pancakes with Sourdough Recipe:
- This recipe makes about 15 3-inch pancakes.
- Make sure grill or skillet is hot before the batter goes on.
- Use oil to make the pancake crisp and brown.
- Only flip the pancakes once! Bubble will form on the pancake and once they pop, flip the pancake over. Let that side cook for 1-2 minutes and then remove from skillet.
- You can use almond milk in place or regular milk or whatever milk you wish!
Can I add blueberries or chocolate chips to my pancakes?
Mmmm yes you can!
Looking for the perfect drink with your pancakes? Let’s make The Perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Pancakes with Sourdough Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups starter, stirred
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Heat your grill or skillet that you are using. When it is hot and you're ready to pour the batter on, add oil.
- Mix together eggs, butter, starter, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to starter mixture.
- Scoop about a quarter cup of batter per pancake (makes a 3 inch pancake).
- When bubbles form and pop on the pancake, flip and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings.