Gluten-free banana bread recipe is a great recipe! So many people are gluten free, low carb or even trying to avoid sugar. This is the perfect option for all of those. I have friends and family that don’t eat gluten for health reasons and I love finding new recipes to make for them.
It’s a super easy recipe that takes no time at all and soon you can be enjoying a delicious guilt-free treat! You can just place all the ingredients into one big bowl and mix it all together, it’s that easy!
Can I use different extras besides the berries and nuts?
Yes absolutely! If you are okay with eating some sugar, you can add chocolate chips instead. Walnuts would taste really good. Strawberries are delicious added.
Can I leave out the cinnamon?
Yes, if you are allergic to cinnamon or simply don’t want it in your bread, it won’t make a difference. You can add nutmeg instead if you wish.
Is there a way to make this with regular flour?
Yes, if you want to make this with regular flour here is the recipe for Banana Berry Bread Recipe!
Can I use almond flour instead of almond meal?
You can use these two interchangeably, there is no real difference in the two.
Does gluten-free banana bread freeze well?
You can freeze this bread! The best way to do it, is slice it up and place the slices in freezer safe bags. It will freeze well for about 2 months.
So ready to get your bake on? Then let’s go!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- coconut oil or butter for greasing pan
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 teasoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan (or 8′ by 8′ cake pan) with coconut oil or butter.
- Combine baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and almond meal together.
- Add eggs, bananas, and strawberries and mix well.
- Add pecans and mix lightly.
- Pour into pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let sit for 10-12 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool.