Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables is a great vegetable dish to add to your meal. And the sweet thing about this recipe is you can mix it up by adding your favourite vegetables! So you can make this recipe two nights in a row and make it completely different! Who doesn’t love roasted vegetables?
There is so much color and flavour in this dish, it will be a hit! And they are so easy to make! You just chop all the vegetables, coat them in oil, and place in the oven to roast. While they are roasting you have time to make the potatoes or whatever else you are serving with the vegetables!
Can I use other vegetables in this recipe?
I used carrots, turnip, parsnips, onions, leeks and peppers. You can add broccoli, mushrooms, squash, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, zucchini, asparagus, or whatever you are craving! Just make sure to adjust your cooking time and you can do separate trays for the items that take about the same amount see tip below!)
What can I serve with Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables?
These vegetables would go really well with mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash. You could have it with roast beef, chicken, or even fish!
What temperature should I roast vegetables at?
The best temperature for roasting vegetables is 400 degrees F.
Tips for Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables:
Some vegetables cook faster than others, so keep this in mind when roasting! When I made this recipe, I cooked the bigger vegetables first: carrots, turnips, parsnips. And then added the onions, leeks and peppers to another tray about halfway through the cooking time of the bigger vegetables! That way they were all ready at the same time.
Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 1 lb rutabaga peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 lb parsnips peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 lb carrots peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 onions cut into pieces
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts cut into 1" rounds
- 1 large pepper, any color seeded, and largely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 baking sheets with non stick spray or use a sheet of parchment paper.
- Combine chopped carrots, parsnips and rutabaga with half of the oil in a bowl. Toss with salt and pepper and rosemary.
- Pour onto baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes. Stir and turn veggies. Roast for another 20 minutes.
- Toss onions, leeks and peppers in the rest of olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour onto another cooking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.