This super simple homemade pudding recipe is going to change your life! I mean, who doesn’t love a delicious pudding? Vanilla, chocolate, or butterscotch? Mmm-mmm good…. And once you get a taste of it and find out it takes ten minutes to make, you will never want to buy store bought puddings again!
Easy Homemade Pudding Recipe
This pudding is also great for kids lunches, your lunch, or a dessert for when you want something simple but don’t have a lot of time. And it only needs a five ingredients:
- White or brown sugar
- And then flavouring: cocoa for chocolate or vanilla for vanilla pudding! If you use brown sugar, it tastes just like butterscotch!
How To Make Homemade Pudding:
Making homemade pudding is so crazy simple!
Step 1: Pour sugar into a pan with a heavy base.
Step 2: Beat eggs in a bowl and add mik.
Step 3: Whisk the cornstarch into the milk and eggs really well, making sure there are no lumps.
Step 4: Pour milk mixture into the pan and turn on to medium heat.
Step 5: Make sure you stir constantly, until pudding is thick and bubbly.
Step 6: Divide into serving dishes and serve chilled. (or warm if you perfer.)
Adding flavoring to Homemade Pudding Recipe:
If you want chocolate pudding, simply add the cocoa in with the cornstarch before adding to the milk. (Again, make sure there are no lumps before adding to the pan!)
For vanilla pudding, simply add vanilla flavor to the pudding after its cooked.
For butterscotch, use brown sugar instead of white!
And if you want mocha flavoured pudding, add instant coffee with the cocoa and cornstarch.
Do I eat pudding hot or cold?
Okay, I understand you want to eat this pudding right away. It just seems so hard to have to wait to let it cool. I recommend serving it cold with whipped cream. However, I will admit this pudding is equally great served warm. So which ever you prefer, eat that pudding!
I want to serve this recipe but make it a little more fancy. How can I do that?
You can serve this pudding with whipped cream or fresh fruit, depending on the flavor of pudding you have chosen! For instance, I recommend raspberries with chocolate. For vanilla or plain you can really try anything, from fresh fruit to a drizzle. Whipped cream obviously goes well with all kinds.
Tips for How to Make Homemade Pudding Recipe:
- It is important to make sure to stir constantly! You don’t want lumpy pudding but this will happen if you don’t keep stirring as it is thickening.
- You should whisk the cornstarch really well into the milk before adding it into the pan and heating it. This will also ensure that your pudding isn’t lumpy.
- This recipe can be made to serve just 2 people (half this recipe!) or to serve 8 (double this recipe!).
And hey, if you make this pudding let me know how it turns out and what flavor you liked best! Can’t wait to hear from you!
For more of my sweet recipes check out:
How to Make Super Simply Homemade Pudding Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar brown or white
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- flavoring of your choice
- Pour sugar into a pan with a heavy base.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add milk.
- Whisk in cornstarch, making sure there are no lumps!
- Pour milk mixture into pan and heat over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Put into serving dishes and chill or serve warm.
- See notes for adding flavour!