Creamy Beef and Shells Recipe is a delicious go to for dinner. I love pasta because it is so versatile and so easy to make. It is my go-to for a amazing meal my family is guaranteed to love. You can have this dish on the table in just over 30 minutes so it’s a perfect idea for when you want a quick meal but also something super good.
Shells would have to be one of my favorite kinds of pasta. The cheese and sauce just seems to stick and fill them so well, it’s like bombs of goodness exploding in your mouth with every bite. Add a creamy sauce to your shells, some ground beef and cheese and you have a delicious feast on your hands! My family absolutely loves this dish!
What can I serve with my Creamy Beef and Shells recipe?
Garlic bread or a nice garden salad makes a great side for this pasta dish. Or you can serve it with your favorite roasted or steamed vegetable.
Can I use a different pasta besides shells?
You can! Penne or macaroni would be some good options, because they have spots where the creamy delicious sauce can hide. But of course, you can use any kind of pasta you want.
I don’t have chicken broth, what can I use instead?
You can use beef broth. Chicken broth works best because it gives it a nice flavor and doesn’t give too much color. I have used beef broth once. It tasted fine, it just made the sauce a little darker.
So without further ado, here is the recipe.
Creamy Beef and Shells Recipe
- olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounces of tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded
- Parmesan cheese
- Dice onion.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Crumble and drain. Set aside.
- In same skillet cook onion for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and cook another minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned.
- Slowly whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain.
- Stir into your sauce, the beef, pasta and heavy cream until heated through. Add salt and pepper if desired. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Serve hot with a side salad or garlic bread.