Beef Stroganoff Meatballs Recipe is a delicious easy meal. I mean, first off, you have fried mushrooms and onions. Who doesn’t love the smell of those cooking, and they taste 100x better than they smell! Then you have sour cream and beef broth mixed together. So delicious! And finally, you have your meatballs. You can’t go wrong.
I was making this for my family the other night, and I was a little worried because my Dad doesn’t like beef stroganoff. But this is a different take on it, so I decided to try it. Turns out, he loved it! Score! I mean just look at this creamy sauce with mushrooms and onions and meatballs all mixed together just waiting to be devoured.
What can I serve Beef Stroganoff Meatballs Recipe with?
I served it with some rotini pasta but you could use egg noodles or any noodles really. Or if you’re low carb, zoodles (zucchini noodles) are a great option! A side salad would be a nice side as well if you want just the meatballs.
I am trying to eat low carb, can I still make this recipe?
Yes, just swap out the bread crumbs for almond flour! And as for the cornstarch, just use 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum or more as needed.
I love extra sauce with my meatballs, how do I adjust the recipe for that?
This recipe makes 24 meatballs. I used 12 meatballs and froze the other 12, but kept the sauce amount the same and found that it was a perfect amount of sauce. So if you are using all 24 meatballs, I recommend doubling the sauce portion.
Can I freeze Beef Stroganoff Meatballs?
Yes, you can make the meatballs ahead of time and freeze them in freezer safe bags. The sauce can be made and frozen ahead of time too or made fresh the day you will be eating it, up to you!
Hamburger Vegetable Soup is another great recipe with ground beef!
Beef Stroganoff Meatballs Recipe
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Mix all meatball ingredients except butter in a bowl.
- Form into 24 meatballs.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and cook the meatballs until cooked through.
- Slice mushrooms and onion.
- Remove meatballs when fully cooked.
- Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic until onions are soft and mushrooms are golden.
- Remove from pan and add the beef broth and whisk in sour cream.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small dish till combined. Pour into pan.
- Add meatballs and fried mushrooms and onions back to the pan. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally as it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.